From:
Penny Lepage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 11:06:24 -0400
Good morning to all finally made it as far as SD.  We will be here for a
week in Rapid City seeing the sites.

While at my sister's house in Iowa something started getting her chickens.
They set out a live trap but we left before they caught the critter.  The
neighbor that does a lot of trapping thinks it is mink.  The are in
abundance in that area.  I will let you know what they catch.  We were
really out in the country and the ferrets loved it except the days when
the wind blew so hard.  They just weren't interested in being outside then.

My sister tried to get us to leave the ferrets with her while we came on
West.  Of course we wouldn't do that so we left all ten of them.  We are in
a nice campground and everyone loves the ferrets.

I did take Freddie out yesterday for walk and the people across the way
were talking and I over heard him say I think it might be one of those
mongoose.  Does anyone out there have a pet mongoose?

We have the curtains closed across the front the windshield, the ferrets
love to play peek a boo and hide between the window and the curtain.  I can
hear people laughing when they walk by.

Everybody is just about shed out now and boy am I glad.

Oh!  I am so proud of Snowball, while they are out of the cage he goes back
in and goes underneath to go potty.  Oh, how nice it would be if at least
half of them would do that!!

The weather is nice enough today that we plan on taking out the cages for
fresh air.  That should get some reactions!

Guess that is about it for now.

Penny and the ten traveling ones