From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:59:41 -0600
I have a question to ask. My little girl Charity is nearing the bridge,
a little more everyday I am afraid. My question concerns her cagemate
Grace, el diablo, Grace is deaf and she has been with Charity since we
got them, originally they also shared a cage with Hope, but Hope passed
on last year. Anyway it seems as Charity gets a little weaker Gracie
is separating herself. I have read how they bond together and that
sometimes its very hard on the ferret that remains but I have never
seen one separate itself from the other. Now when its time to bed down
for the night Grace put herself up in the cage with Frank and Jesse. If
I try to put her in the cage with Charity she gets rather upset and
tries to bite. She is a biter but has pretty much quit in the last
couple of years, but she means business when you try to put her in that
cage. The other thing is before this, like the last couple of weeks
before she switched apartments, I had noticed that she wouldn't sleep
with Charity, something they have always done.

I just wonder if she senses something is wrong? Or has she just become
partial to the boys. The cages are the exact same so I know it isn't
that. Any thoughts?

Kim