Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 07:52:25 -0400
>From:    Carol Krause <[log in to unmask]>
>He NEVER eats treats, not even ferretone, so where this is coming from,
>who knows?

I would guess kibble.  The grains and starches in them.  It is really not
surprising to see this in carnivores that are not designed to eat these
foods eventually get something like this.  Complications/side effects are
always a possiblility when man decides to "improve on nature" for his own
benefit.  I am sure change will be a long time in coming, if ever, in the
feeding of our companion animals, but lets at least acknowledge the very
large part we humans have had in the health problems our companions may
get, from diet wrongs and other things.  I feel that even if changes were
made today and from now on, it will still take many generations to undue
the damage.

I wish the best for your ferret, that he will give you many more years
of joy.  This post was not to say you did anything wrong.  This is the
way society is.  It is the norm.  Unfortunately we have to except a lot
of other things as "being the norm" because of how we have decided to
"improve on nature".

  ~Amy~