Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:29:24 -0800
Hi,

At my local PETCO they're doing everything they can to protect the
ferrets and birds from H1N1. Before anyone is allowed to pet either
species they're asked if they've been feeling sick lately. If the
customer says yes they're not allowed to pet the ferrets or birds at
all. Everyone who's not sick must sanitize their hands before the cages
will be opened. I wished that PETCO had implemented that policy long
before the fact that ferrets and birds can catch H1N1 was reported. I
had to tell the manager that ferrets can catch both the cold and flu
long before H1N1 became an issue. He'd never been given that essential
bit of ferret information. I wonder why?

Randie