From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:11:32 -0500
>There are some things that are obviously clearly more green. For some
>areas having roofs of light colors to reduce internal heating

Sorry. I obviously meant cooling, not heating.

Marylou and Melissa are WONDERFUL editors.

I remember before them and the way Ferrets magazine then was so often
so very inaccurate, and even got some people in FFZs like California
in trouble with authorities.

The then-owner also was accused of causing problems for Modern Ferret
by preventing distribution.

Some at that time said that they would never read pr write for Ferrets
while instead some of us instead had a list of the things that would
be needed to make reading it worthwhile. I remember sending my list to
Melissa and her immediately getting in touch, saying that the points
were good ones and beginning a three-way conversation with Marylou. At
that time neither knew me from Elmer Fudd but both are great listeners
and the points i had were ones they could control instead of being
decreed by the publisher. All wound up incorporated.

That is how Marylou and Melissa are! They LISTEN, really, really
listen. Some things are beyond their control with the publisher
decreeing those things, but when given a good suggestion if it is one
they can do they go ahead and do it, and if it one they can send on
for consideration by the publisher then they do that.

Going to this format was the publisher's choice, but maybe Marylou and
Melissa will be able to get the publisher to listen to suggestions for
making it most useful and desirable while it still makes enough ad
income to survive. Hopefully so, even it is takes time for some ideas
to come to fruition.

Whatever happens, Marylou and Melissa took a magazien that was in
serious trouble due to previous editorial mistakes, then once they were
in charge they made it a respected and desired magazine. They are very
good at what they do!

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: