From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:42:52 -0700
Sue,

>I took Jonesy to the vet for his yearly distemper and rabies shot.  All
>went well until I got home.  I went to get him out of his "bye bye" cage
>and lo and behold he was limp and vomiting yellow froth.  I grabbed him
>and raced back to the vets.

Cooper had exactly the same thing happen from Fervac.  I also had to give
CPR, give him a dose of epinephrine, and then rushed him to the emergency
vet.  Within a couple days, he seemed to be fine.

I don't want to worry you too much but here's something you need to keep in
mind.  Six months after Cooper's incident, he developed heart problems.
This is a common side-effect for severe reactions.  Cooper required Enacard
and Digoxin to control the problem.  We also gave him 10 mg of Co-Q10 daily.

See http://www.acmeferret.com/infobank/anaphyl.htm for Jean Wardell's
article on anaphylaxis.

          -Carla

Save a life today! Visit the Ferret Friends
Disaster Response International website.
(http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/ffdri1.html)