From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:44:46 -0400
Hi listers,
Question for vets and shelter owners.  My 5 1/2 year old boy Cooper has
a recurrence of adrenal disease.  He had his right adrenal taken out
last year; the tumor had invaded his vena cava and the vet, who's done
hundreds or even thousands of these surgeries, said it was a very tricky
removal.  Cooper recovered very fast, though, and he's strong, active and
happy.

My local vet is recommending Lupron vs. surgery, because she feels the
odds of this new tumor being a regrowth of the right adrenal are just as
good as it being the left.  She said it's almost impossible to get all of
the right-side tissue out, especially when it had gone into the blood
vessel.

But, the shelter operator where I got my furkids said she's never seen
the right adrenal regrow like that in 11 years of caring for ferrets.
She's sure it's the left adrenal this time.

I'd greatly appreciate any experience, thoughts or advice you could
share.

Thanks!