From:
Graham Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 00:04:32 EST
This is in response to Mike Chaput's post regarding the details on the death
of ferrets.

We on this list share a bond through our love of these beautiful animals.
The FML contents are widely varied and it is impossible to please everyone
with the contents.  Some people may not be interested in the poems and made
up stories, they may be only interested in the medical advice.  Others may
not care about the black footed ferrets.  The nice thing about it, if you
don't like where a post is going then skip it.  You can tell before you get
to the grisly details where it is going.

Talking about those details is a part of the grieving process.  My father
passed away in October and I am sure I shared details with friends that
maybe didn't want to hear them.  Granted I did not go online, but some
people may not have friends/family who understand ferrets like us on FML and
therefore would not understand the pain that goes on in your heart when one
passes on.  If it helps - keep posting.  Yes, we may cry when we read those
posts, but it also makes us thankful for our little guys at home.

My grandfather was a funeral director.  I learned at a very early age that
everything living will one day be gone.  But knowing this does not make it
any easier to handle when it happens.  Everybody handles death in a
different way.  But one thing everyone has in common, we all need an ear to
listen while we get over this grief.  Those that can not take these posts
skip them, but there will still be plenty of us hear to listen.

Faith Hood
using her bosses e-mail
Graham Gibbs - [log in to unmask] - Washington, D.C.