Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:36:23 -0800
I found this ant remedy on a boric acid powder search:

Ants in the House
Please tell me what I must do to get rid of ants in my house.  I know
how they enter and I have noticed that they seem to have wings.  We have
small children in the house and we would prefer to use a natural remedy.

Reader response . . .

The best Indian method of getting rid of Ants and at the same time you
would like use natural method is Tumeric Power.  This is my grandmother's
method of solving the problem.  We have had this problem often, on and
on, and with kids around we have got rig of both Red Ants which sting and
the black ones.

Just sprinkle some tumeric power around the area from where they emerge
and after some time you'll notice they have vanished.  There are many
uses of Tumeric Power.

Regards,
Rajesh Sanghrajka, Arihant Magnetics
2/3 North Public Square Road
Basavangudi, Bangalore 560 004, India

Boric acid powder, mentioned in our article at our web site about
eliminating roaches, will also help with ants.

One of natural methods is using cyenne pepper, mixed with a small amount
of soap.  Some folks add ground garlic or onion to the mix, too.  Then
it's mixed with water and sprayed.  The soap helps it so it doesn't "bead
up" and run off.  It is safe on plants and vegetables.

For chiggers and other "critters" such as ants, many have used "sublimed
sulphur powder" -- it doesn't kill the bugs but they can't stand it --
this is best used outdoors.