From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 15:06:00 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Whereas the black-footed ferret is nice to look at, those of us in
>California don't need the incorrect information that our domesticated
>ferrets are related to the black-footed ferrets advertised.

Anon, they *are* related, close enough to breed and produce fertile young.
About as close as dog and wolf, or housecat and bobcat.

>To Jim March and others who feel comfortable feeding their ferrets
>whatever--

>I am in complete agreement with Dayna.  Let's go over some points AGAIN.
>Sure your ferrets seem content with Iams, but kids are happy with hot dogs,
>chips and soda.

Yes, I know that, and I don't feed my guys "whatever".  IAMS Kitten has the
highest protein and fat content (and acceptable meat base rather than veg)
of anything I can score where I live, in the SF Bay Area.  Sci-Di kitten is
about the same, the dudes like it less...and they detest 8n1, which I can
get.  I supplement with ferretone.  I once arrived at the PetSmart about
five minutes after they closed, and the manager wouldn't let me in...she was
nice enough to slip me a few packs of Walthams Kitten samplers, which the
guys absolutely *loved*...but the 8% fat content meant "no way, dudes".

But, you guys *have* gotten me curious about Totally Fert.  So...how the
heck do I score some?