From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:29:54 -0400
>But what if they're so "uncomfortable" with the whole idea, because they
>know the origins of Tarot readings, that they don't want to be associated
>with the whole event at all?  Clearly most of you don't think this is a
>risk in the USA, which is what I wanted to know.  (But I am surprised.)

Why on earth would a tarot reading generate negative publicity?  The only
people I know who are really against tarot (not just non-believers, but
actually rabidly opposed) are wacked-out right-wingers who tend to be
against just about anything else too.  I know we here in the USA don't
have the best reputation, but do you really think we're all like that?

There are an estimated 100,000 practicing neo-pagans in the US, which is
only a small, small fragment of the people who actually believe in tarot
readings.  Here where I live, it sometimes seems like we're the majority,
not the minority...

I love the idea of a ferret tarot deck, and I, too, would buy one--in fact,
I'd love to help design it, if anyone wants to work on the art. :-)  But,
as far as that goes, I'd be pretty likely to shell out a couple of bucks at
a ferret event to have Tesseract's cards read, or Molly's.  And who knows?
I could very well be the reader. :-)

The Two of Cups would be a pair of fuzzies curled up happily in a
hammock. :-)

The Ace of Swords would be being stolen by a lovely blaze.  The Nine of
Swords (is that the one?  Or is it the Seven, or Eight?  Don't have my
deck in front of me) would have a poor little ferret under the knife for
surgery...

Lots of ideas!

Jen and the Crazy Business plus four