From:
Marie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:15:52 -0800
Nancy, thank goodness for the low tide. I am glad that you are safe!
We took the boys to Seaside on the weekends.

My ferrets were going crazy also. When we lived in Saltair, (Vancouver
island) before we moved to Cowichan Bay. The house we lived in was on a
concrete pad, I was sound asleep with ear plugs in, the rumble of the
quake coming woke me and the ferrets also was trying to get out of the
cage. I grew up in Yacolt, Washington, where we have quakes from Mt.
St, Helen. We could see her from the back yard, she looked like a big
dish of Ice Cream in the winter.

I canceled my t.v cable but kept my internet, phone. I found out about
the warning for the West side of Vancouver Island, which was canceled.
Thank goodness I live on the east side of the island. As I was driving
home after cleaning my Friday house I heard that 1 man in Calif. was
swept out to sea, he was taking pics.

Yes, this is a good wake up call for us.

I told Jim we have to make sure that we have to redo the backpacks and
make sure we have food, clothes in the camper, ferret food, blankets
too.

Marie