From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:20:26 -0500
"Now I have guilt"

I bite a ferret!  My tribe are not real biters, they just play active.
Ammonia, if you recall, is blind and did really bite hard when I first got
her at 6 weeks and once she got used to everything it was just nawing.  She
has to have her mouth on everything, maybe her way of feeling things out.
Well she does "naw" on my fingers and sometimes tries to pull me under the
chair or off to the cage (someone wrote this is a sign of their dominance)
by taking hold of a finger and pulling.  She also goes into the kissing the
hand and then will take a big big (looks like jaw comes unhinged) bite in
the arm, and tries to shake you.  It doesn't hurt but it is a little
stronger than the nawing.  So I decided to bite her rather than just hissing
like I usually do which makes her go into the kissykissy mode.  she was
shocked and looked at me really weird.  An hour or two later, another clomb
down shake and I bite her again.  She went into spasms and cried and loss
full use of that shoulder,arm and and and (I don't have fangs I have level
teeth and I did NOT bite hard).  Now I don't know if she'd went off after
that first bite and read the manual "How to Train Your Human", but it
worked.  yi yi yi She forgave me in minutes but...

So let me say, I think biting back may be worth trying on those who try to
get your attention by biting or get over zealous in their play and I would
not hesitate to try that on them and appreciate who ever suggested it (I
didn't even get fur between my teeth).  But Ammonia won't know a human bite
again.

Millie & her cleaning Crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Hey girls, Grandma says she's gonna change my fur to tan.....
aaah.........Hide?    fur! whatever, either way "I'm agonna be a tan!
Cascade:  the observer, ferretone on the tummy will get my nails clipped
but it won't work for a prolonged kissing frenzy.
Ajax:  yet to come,  Mama, I don't wanna know the facts of life, I don't
wanna have anything to do with those girls.