From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:51:27 -0400
Many FMLers donate to SOS, and, in turn, this organization helps ferret
rescues in a variety of ways. Ferrets at Heart registered with Support
Our Shelters back in December, just in case we had a contributor, who
wished their donation to be tax-deductable. We are not a 501 3(C),; SOS
is and will act as an intermediary if such situations arise. It turned
out there was more SOS could do.

Ferrets at Heart has recently experienced a financial bind. We have
posted regarded our need for items to use in our nest raffle, which
will raise funds for an adrenal surgery and two deslorelin implants.
But, we didn't know if those ferrets' health would last the month or
two to gather the items for the raffle and then the time it takes to
run a raffle. Why are we so low on funds? We just spent all we had
recently raised and could charge on our credit cards on another adrenal
surgery and basic supplies (food, cleaners, Furo-Tone, treats, etc.)
for the next few months. when the adrenal was confirmed in the other
young ferret and a deslorelin in one of our seniors failed early (They
have to be purchased in sets of two from the manufacturer.). Ferrets at
Heart is a small rescue in a rural part of Ohio. Larger rescues may see
more ferrets, but they also garner more attention and, therefore, more
financial support. We are also new at this. We don't have a network of
foster families or people that regularly donate. We didn't aim to start
a rescue. Too many ferrets came our way that were abused. You could say
that a shelter fell in our lap. If God throws you enough hints -- like
a paralyzed ferret, a blind ferret, a neurotic McKay, adrenals, and a
few abuse-biters, etc. -- you just say, "Yes, sir," and do your job.

SOS sent us a few melatonin implants to get our three adrenal ferrets
through, until we can run our raffle. The boys had them put in this
week. Thank you, SOS, for helping Ferrets at Heart right now and
everyone who gives to SOS. This is one place some of your SOS donations
went: to a shelter in a tight spot, but with a plan to get out of it.

Thanks for the helping hand!

Sincerely,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart
Huron, Ohio
(419)433-6016
http://ferretsatheart.com/

 ...and Rhys, Codo, Mandie, Winter, Holly, Charlie, & Templeton