Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:42:53 -0700
Hello all,

Please keep Topper in your prayers for his adrenal surgery scheduled for
Monday the 21st..  His hair loss at the shoulder area has progressed
rapidly over the past month and his signs of agression are an indicator
that the surgery can not be put off any longer.  My heart just sinks at
the thought of another surgery so soon after we lost Tucker.  It is so
difficult to stay positive and think good thoughts.  Topper is the last
of Taz's original cage mates.  He showers me with kisses but will not
hesitate to nip at his favorite places-the backs of my knees and various
other sensitive areas.

I also want to thank God above for sending Julie Fossa and Dr. Williams
to the ferret world.  Saturday I accidentally stepped on Sam.  In
addition to my own personal horror of the incident, I ONCE AGAIN (this is
twice this month) was not able to find a ferret knowledgable vet on call
anywhere.  Two that I called had waiting rooms full of puking weasels and
could not see us and Fallston Veterinary did not even have a functioning
phone number.  I simply do not understand the concept of having an animal
emergency facility with no exotic doctor present.  I additionally do not
understand the concept of a doctor turning away an emergency.  I don't
know what I'd have done without Julie this weekend.  Julie, you are a
goddess.  Sam seems fine, he wobbled a little the day it happened but
seemed no worse for wear, thank God...Julie and Dr. Williams.

Sighing heavily and trying to stay positive,
Kim and da kids at SUMS

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue