From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:54:16 -0500
As you all know, Governor Weld signed House Bill 295 (The Ferret Bill)
into law on December 7, 1995.  The law will not be enacted for 90 days.
We have declared the morning of March 7, 1996 as Ferret Freedom Day in
Massachusetts.

Now that we are ALMOST legal, we do have our work cut out for us.  We have
scheduled a meeting of ALL the members of the Mass Friends Group on Sunday
February 4, 1996.  On the agenda for this meeting is what the Mass Friends
Group would like to accomplish.  That is why we need ALL of you to come and
voice your opinions and bring your ideas.

PLEASE, IF YOU ATTEND THIS MEETING, DO NOT BRING ANY FERRETS!

Who we are, the status of the Legalization effort, Food and Agriculture
regulations, Fish and Wildlife Regulations, i.e., quarantines.  Pet industry
plans, Shelter operations for people interested in operating one, half way
houses, rescues and foster care programs, Ferrett Freedom Day Activities,
Kick-off Fundraiser party and dance, Ferret Awareness Day and formation of
committees.  So you can see there is much to be accomplished.  It is
important we get each and every one of you involved.