From:
Kenneth Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 23:55:31 -0500
WE ARE HAVING VERY SERIOUS PROBLEMS, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
We haven't been subscribers for a while but we came back a couple of weeks
ago and now we have some serious problems.  We''ve had two fuzzies for three
years.  One is a sable (female) and the other is albino (female).  The sable
one's name is Pookey, the albino's name is Binky.  We have just added
another to our fuzzy family, another sable (male) by the name of Pancho.
Binky the sweet albino has been having problems.  First off she stopped
eating.  We thought and the vet thought that it was because of acquiring a
new member to the family.  She later started loosing weight.  Just Monday
night she was having runny stool.  That sent off alarm bells, we started to
keeping a close eye on her and discovered that she also was very listless.
We took her to vet first thing Tuesday morning.  He weighed her and she had
lost 1/2 a pound, NOT GOOD.  He decided that keeping her for the day for
observation was the best thing to do in the situation.  He want to get some
blood tests to see what could possibly be wrong with her.  He later told us
that he was unable to get a blood sample from her due to low blood pressure
and dehydration.  The only other option was to have a corinary tap (sample
from the heart) which would be too risky in her current state.  He gave her
injections of antibiotics and vitamin B12 to try to bring her around to get
a urine sample.  After analysing the urinalysis he discovered large
quantities of protein which backed up his earlier assumption that she was
having kidney problems.  What we need from our ferret friends is any advice
that you guys might be able to give us.  We don't want to loose this one so
soon.  Right now we are giving her injections of anitibiotics and B12 to see
if that will build her strength.  If this doesn't have any effect our vet
doesn't know what to do.  If anyone has any information that they would like
to share, it would be very much appreciated.  We love all of our fuzzies but
she is the one that has always brightened our days with cheerful antics and
the great "Weasel War Dance".  Please help us give her more happy days.
Thanks, in advance!

Ken, Jackie, Binky, Pookey & Pancho  AKA "The Baxter's"