From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:50:55 -0500
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pat Wright in CA

**** I would have posted this directly to Christine but she posted with an
anonymous address****- Renee  [Moderator's note: Well, I could forward it
but it's clearly being discussed on the list today :-)  BIG]

>To the people who have been knocking Pat.  Firstly put yourself in his
>position the day he opened the door.

Firstly, I would not have taken my ferret(s) out in public in a place that
they are illegal.  The fact that ferrets are often confiscated in CA isn't
new.  Therefore, there would have been no reason for ME to have had fear
when I opened my door.

>Out of complete fear of losing his ferrets after losing Rocky the year
>before he had a bad reaction.

Bad reaction??  Is that an excuse?  A bad reaction is when you can't breath
after getting stung be a bee.  He made poor CHOICES all the way around the
board.

>Obviously it did not do him much good but for you all to be bad mouthing
>him especially while he is in jail and can't defend himself actually
>makes me quite ill.

IMHO, there is nothing to defend.  He already made a poor choice... Rocky
was put to death because of Pat's actions.  He repeated the poor choice a
second time!  Smart people LEARN by their mistakes.  A person who repeats
their mistakes...

>He has represented FA in San Diego for a long time, dedicated ALL his
>free time, used ALL HIS OWN money to help abandoned ferrets, helped pay
>vet bills for ferret owners who couldn't afford it themselves rather
>than watching them suffer

Great.  Now he apparently has lost his job.  Wonder how he's going to do
all that financing now?

>How quickly you all can turn.

I didn't turn.  I never "supported" his blatant disregard for the law to
begin with.  I would never "support" someone who flaunted their ferrets in
public where it was illegal; where the end result might be the death of an
animal.

>I hope the tables are never turned for your sake.

Fortunately, I live in a state where ferrets ARE legal.  And if I DID live
in CA (and I lived there most of my life), I wouldn't be so foolish as to
flaunt my ferrets in public... not once... and certainly not twice!

>Out of curiosity, have any of you ever met him?

Meeting him wouldn't change my opinion that he made poor choices.  Meeting
Charles Manson wouldn't make me think he might be a nice guy afterall.

>Ever contributed to one of his garage sales to raise money for the
>Angel fund?  Didnt think so...

Nope, I live 3000 miles away... and what does that have to do with anything
anyway?

Renee
Looking for some ferret people in your area?  Then check out the
                          FML Where List at:
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/3157/where.html
            And the Shelter/Rescue and Club List at:
   http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/3157/where2.html