Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:08:23 -0700
You left the board voluntarily?  No you didn't, you told the entire FML
as much yourself.

  ========================

>Date:    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:02:02 +0000
>From:    Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferretocious has left the building (and the TFS forum)
>
>Anyone on the Ferret Store Forums - lovely "Kristin O" has kicked me off
>the board.

  ========================

That would be in the following FML: FERRET-L Digest - 17 Mar 2006 to 18
Mar 2006 (#2006-5185).

And you may not have been the trouble starter in this case, but you've
attacked Marguerite before, and you jumped at the chance to attack her
again.  I've seen Marguerite's shelter, and I've spent time with her.
Can you say the same thing?  Do you have anything concrete (other than
your personal dislike of her) on which to base your assumptions about her
shelter?  (Same question goes for you, Harry.) She's a dedicated shelter
mom who has given up more than you can imagine to care for these ferrets.
So you volunteer at a shelter, you still don't run one out of your home.
She does.  Have you taken in sick and needy ferrets and sacrificed
vacations and nice things to care for them because their owners won't?
No.  I'm glad to hear that you promote adoptions and go to the shelter.
That's good work that need to be done.  But the fact remains that you
don't have a shelter, you don't run a shelter, and you can't begin to
truly understand what it means without doing that.

I think it's a shame the way that people have been treating Marguerite
and other shelter owners whose methods they don't agree with.  They
dedicate their lives to caring for ferrets that others don't want for
whatever reason.  I totally agree with Jen and Julie - if you don't like
the way a shelter runs, don't support it.  If you want to know more about
how they run things, just ask, don't assume and spread your assumptions
throughout the ferret community.  Don't go to the FML in an attempt to
make their lives even harder.  They have a rough enough time without
having to deal with that.  There are some shelters operators out there
that I don't agree with.  But I would never publicly flame them and
tarnish their reputation.  Why?  Because whatever my reasons for
disliking them are, they still care for ferrets that would otherwise be
abandoned or worse, and I respect them for the work they do.