From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:46:47 -0500
Re: the letters from folks who didn't contact Nancy or me:

Actually, Nancy was teasing me!  She let me know that she hadn't realized
how that mail may able to be read until she re-read it.  Neither she nor
I have any trouble with this, so neither should outside parties.  It's
not that Nancy and I don't appreciate your caring enough to say sweet
things -- but there isn't an argument going on and there's no reason to
have one pop up after-the-fact, no matter what non-existent "side" you
are on.  Since she and I are not upset there is no reason for anyone else
to be, which is what I told those who wrote to me privately.

There's been a lot going on with this and the worst of it is off-list.
Didn't want people freaked without cause, so did preemptive strikes.
Data first, then action -- that's all.

Does that clear things up at all?

Again, THANKS for caring about Nancy and me, but we both are fine.  I
actually have seen fights begin because of people thinking that what
other parties said is what the primary parties said, so am sending this
to Nancy, too, so that she knows that I have let you know that there is
no problem between us.  Bill, if a third party mentions that again, could
you, please, reject it?  Much appreciated!

-----

>as well as those of the many other FML veterans.

"Veteran", yes -- have always been here, but in case anyone else has
ever gotten confused with a similar word of because of my health
interests I'll repeat that I am not a veterinarian.
-----

If you go to the URL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list/message/10845
you will read a post from Judy of
http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom/
which taught me a LOT and will help others, too!  She writes CLEARLY
and she manages to condense a lot of info down marvelously well.

I sure learned a LOT from Judy and know where a good deal of the confusion
came from now, too!  Judy, you are a TREASURE for the ferret community!  I
can feel the Gordian Knot in my head loosening even now... Now I just need
to stop feeling like I've been at Milliways recently.  If my stomach
begins to growl (and talk)... LOL!

Really, if you want the confusion lifted for you, too, read that post at
the first URL!  (More info in the second URL...)

If nothing else I think that there are TWO things on which everyone in
the ferret-"owning" community has already agreed: 1. DO test, and 2. if
there is a possible positive then use precautions to protect the rest just
as you would for a definite positive.  (Oh, three: and 3.  Do not take
ferrets infected with anything to shows or other gatherings.)