From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:45:12 EDT
Reb, this was actually a happy post for me to read, even though I was
saddened that you will miss your Dakota.  I was happy that he stayed with
his mate and came to live with you.  I thought that was so very happy.  I
thought that a bonded pair of ferrets going to a nursing home was one of
the most endearing thing's I"ve read in a while.  As you and many people
know, I very much support ferrets as therapy animals in special
situations.

Lastly, I knew how you felt when you described your experience recieving
your special gift.  I knew because I recieved one myself!  I posted on
the FML, a thank you, to those responsible for sending me a likeness of
Jubilee Spirit.  It's like she's with me again.  It's wonderful.  Our
gift reduced my 6'1", 200 lb husband to tears.  I hope others get to
experience Karen Douglass's art.  I know this sounds cliche' ... but
the photos on the site do no justice what-so-ever.  These are life size
statues.  They show the grace and cuteness of the ferret.  Each one that
Karen Douglas creates, is unique, and fits your ferrets personality.
She has a way of capturing colors, patterns, symbols, etc that reflect
your ferret as well as paint them to your ferrets liking.

Anyway, I just thought it was neat that you also got to feel what I did.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com