From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:43:56 EST
Well, i just got back to from my vets place and we had to help our very old
and very kissaface Snugglebutt over the rainbow bridge.  No matter how many
times you do this it never gets easier.  i know we didn't have him a long
time but i loved him and he had his own special place in my heart.  i guess
my heart doesn't know time, just feelings for these little fuzzybutts.  My
johnny rebel has been kissing my tears away.

I just wanted to share a litle about Snuggs, he was 11 + yrs as far as we
could tell by his condition and what the people dropping him off could tell
us.  i wasn't here but my SO that bailed was here.  They were having a baby
and couln't care for him any longer, they had him a year and their friends
had him for 10 yrs.

I came home from work and he was in a large wooden crate with no top, he
couldn't get out of it if he wanted to.  he had sores on his legs because
most of the time he dragged his hind end around.  But boy could he scoot,
he went fronm dish to dish grubbing out, and themn he would fall asleep in
his food dish.

His ferret kiss were the best and all he seemed to want was to be cuddled
and loved.  he would nibble on you with his little grey nubby teeth.  it
was so sweet.

Basically he was in pretty good health but just an old timer.

the last week or so i saw his health and quality of life going downhill,
the last few days were really bad, i really don't need to go into detail,
this is hard enough.

Last night i wrapped him in a baby blanket and he slept in my bed right
next to me, i woke up a few times to check on him and he never moved.  He
seemed very content to be there.

I know he left this earth knowing that i loved him, even if noone else did.
Anyway i can't really say much more my keyboard is flooded now.

The following is a memorial for him, and i know he is in good company with
my other shelter ferrets, and he is going to deliver a kiss to my tough
girl Sylvie when he gets there.

IN MEMORY OF SNUGGLES:
God looked around his garden
And found an empty space
He then looked down upon this earth
And he saw Snuggles tired ferret face
He wrapped his arms around him
And lifted him to rest
God's garden must be beautiful
For he only takes the best

We love you and miss you so very much,
CJ and the very sad las vegas ferret brat pack

PS Skeeter, please let him know i miss him so......