Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:06:38 -0500
Hi all!

I took Meep and Daisy in yesterday to get their Distemper shots and ended
up having quite a conversation with our vet about the number of ferrets who
have bad reactions to the shots.  He doesn't see a lot of ferrets but is
always trying to learn more.  He had one just recently who reacted to a
distemper shot and they almost lost the ferret but it did come back around
finally.  He is of the opinion that given the high rate of reactions to the
Distemper shot (compared to dogs, cats) that it might be wise to pretreat
all ferrets with Benedryl prior to receiving the shot.  I am curious about
the FML's opinions on this?

Karla