From:
Ferrets at Heart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:14:59 -0500
To thank a very special ferret person who had always been a fount of
ferret advice and "not-a-vet" wisdom for me and everyone else in the
ferret community, I thought long and hard about a unique gift. Ferret
items were out, because I knew she had that covered. What do you buy
someone well-read and professional that no one else would? My gratitude
outweighed a stationary set or office gadget. In the words of the
immortal Winnie the Pooh- "Think... Think... Think...".

A "tuckerization" is the placement of a real-life person's name and/or
characteristics in a fictional story. They're the latest gift craze in
the literary community, primarily used as crowdfunding tools for
anthologies. I sent her name and a link to an article with a photo
about Sukie Crandall to one of my favorite authors. Gini Koch, writing
as J. C. Koch, created a tale of first-graders, art, singing, and
monsters on the gulf coast of the USA in "Bright Shining Faces".

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1DK46HDNX04Q5

Since the anthology is titled KAIJU RISING: AGE OF MONSTERS, and
"kaiju" is Japanese for "strange beast," I'd say that Gini followed the
book's theme. The anthology does require an appreciation for science
fiction, but many of the tales, like Sukie's, are dotted with dry wit
and surprises.

And, if you happen to notice a "Lori" in there too- that was a totally
unexpected bonus. Sometimes, authors are just that awesome! Maybe it
pays to arrange to talk to Gini on the radio, Facebook, and Twitter?
Nah!

Now, I want to be clear. SUKIE'S SHORT STORY DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY
FERRETS. "Bright Shining Faces" is just for fun and only "ferrety"
because it's a thank-you to the ever-awesome "not-a-vet".

The eBook is out now, but the print will be out in March. I'm providing
the link to Amazon, but it's also available at B&N.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1DK46HDNX04Q5

Lori Parker
Ferrets at Heart
Franklin, NC