From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:52:32 EST
I am so shaking with disbelief over all of this Kim.  My husband and I
remember all of this happening and following your story on your sight.  We
now live in TN, but are originally from NJ.  We are ashamed of NJ for this.
I'm so so sorry.  What can I do , where can I write?  I can't sleep at
nights knowing this place is open again.  I cry when I think of all you
went through helping all those ferrets.  See I'm so upset my letter is
jumping all around.

Interestingly enough... when I bought my first two ferrets in a pet store,
both were in small aquariums, no liter box, wood shavings, and it was
dreadful.  This was a good pet store too!  I was handed much paperwork from
the fish and game.  I was handed a book stating that they were wild animals
and to feed them milk and eggs and everything wrong.  Note however this
was back almost 20 years ago....but still.  I mean after all that time
it upsets me that the fish and game people are still in charge.  It
demonstrates to me that not a whole lot has changed.  NJ is beautiful,
and so ahead of its time.  This just baffles the mind.

wolfy