From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:09:25 GMT
Hi all,

I just joined this list yesterday, so I want to start by saying "hi!"

I live in CA and have a 7 year old ferret, Chevy.  I've had her since she
was a baby.  Last week Chevy was diagnosed with adrenal disease.  Her
surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday.  I'm SCARED.  My poor widdle baby.
I'm just curious if others have had their ferrets go through this and how
they recovered.  Especially at Chevy's age.  She's still acting bouncy and
healthy, but she's looking worse every day (hair loss, thin skin, bones
standing out more & more).

Also, the vet's office refused to give me a price estimate since it's
"exploratory" surgery.  Is this normal?  Am I gonna get hit with a whopping
bill?  While cost is NOT my first concern (just getting Chevy healthy is
what matters), it is a concern if I can't afford it!  And finding a vet who
knows and will treat ferrets is of course a problem here.  This one seems to
really know them.  I'm pretty confident in the vet himself.

Everyone please think happy thoughts for the Chevy-monster!  Thanks!

-Nicole & Chevy & the rest of the crew (kitties, horses, etc)