From:
Erin Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:42:41 -0400
Hi all.  My female ferret, Rhea, is having some difficulty lately.  I've
spent over $160 now at the vets.  I think she has a discharge when she
urinates, and then litter, well..  it tends to stick to her private area.
i end up soaking her in warm water for a few minutes until the obstruction
comes loose.

doc says she's emptying her bladder so he's not worried.  i changed the
litter brand, and even used paper towels for a while.  she stops using the
pan altogether when it's not filled with litter.  i can't seem to convey to
him that this is a real problem for us.  this has continued for weeks now.

docs says bladder infections are uncommon, but we tried antibiotics
anyway - they just made her throw up, so that was futile.  she even had
x-rays, and she seems to be in good health.  (they were looking for stones)

anybody else having this problem?  got any ideas?  e

Erin E. Shepherd
Member Services Director
Associated Home Health Industries of Florida, Inc.
http://www.ahhif.org

Make A Donation To A Great Cause!
http://www.freenet.tlh.fl.us/~wild/index.html