Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:49:18 -0500
I need your advice.  I am so sick of the mice coming back again and
again, that I have seriously been thinking of getting a cat, which is
what a lot of people in my apt. building did.  I have had many cats in
the past and do miss having one, so it's not just for the mouse problem.

I'm thinking that a kitten might be more receptive to Rocky--he does seem
to like cats, and he has met many, though not on his own turf.  But they
don't particularly want to play with him and some are afraid.  Besides
the other reasons, it would be great if the kitten and Rocky would play
together, since he is an only ferret and just has me as his playmate.

Rocky will be 4 next February, but he's healthy and as active as I will
be with him.  The only difference is he's not as persistent to get me to
play as when he was younger.

I'd have to work out various logistics and am not sure how you can keep
them from eating each other's food.  Rocky loves cat food; I give it to
him as a treat.

So what do you guys think?  If I decide to do it, I will try to foster or
make an agreement that I can bring the kitty back if it doesn't work out.

Shron & Rocky