From:
Jennifer Salland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:08:49 -0400
Hi everyone,

I've been a member of the FML ever since I got my ferret about 4 years ago.
I mostly lurk; I think this is my 3rd post in 4 years.  But something's
happened several times to my ferret in the last month that has not happened
before and I wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar experiences.  My
local pet store has stopped carrying Totally Ferret in favor of Zupreem.
It seemed like an acceptable food nutrionally for ferrets, so I figured I'd
try it and see how he does.

He seems to like it, but there have been several instances where I'd check
on him when he was eating and he'd look like he was choking.  He wasn't,
but what was happening was that the Zupreem food was getting stuck to the
roof of his mouth & he couldn't get it off.  Each time I'd have to scruff
him and force his mouth open to unstick it.  He's always fine afterwards;
in fact he'd just put the piece on the floor of the cage, pick it back up
and eat it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen with their ferret and if
there's anything I can do to the food before giving it to him to lessen the
chance it will happen again?

I prefer feeding Totally Ferret, but it has just absolutely disappeared
from the pet stores around me.  I'm wondering if I'm going to have to
resort to ordering it over the net.

Anyway, all comments/info/advice will be greatly appreciated.  Dooks to all!

Thanks,
Jennifer & Dare