Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:17:12 -0800
Odd, here in central oregon, don't know what it has to do with exactly....
Though none of my cats or dogs have ever had ear mites, it seems every new
ferret at the shelter does.  Don't have any idea why.....I can usually tell
by the wax.  It's not just dark brown, it's black and lots of it.  Now we
have had times where we've brought them in for something else and though
their ears are clean they sure enough had them.  Generally speaking though,
if it's a bad case it's black and very grainy.  Not as smooth as normal wax.

I use a dog and cat cleaner also, which eases the junk out quite easily and
then use tresederm for the ear mites.  Its very safe, which is important
here since we do it so often.  It also has lanolin in it, to help relplace
some of that important protective coat in their ears.

Dooks to all,
Kristine, Bear, Syvia, Moby and Sid

Friends Of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
Bend, OR
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057

Help Friends of Fuzzies every time you browse or shop on-line-at no
cost to you.  Just begin by clicking here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=3909&mid=33722