From:
Yvonne Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:12:59 EDT
This has been a very tough three weeks!

First our was Popcorn, our little IBD boy, had a bad time, took
antibiotics, sub-q fluids, and lots of tlc to bring him around.  He is
now a "baby food junkie" but he is gaining wait and started "dancing"
after two weeks of "intensive care".

Second was Socks, he suddenly stopped eating or drinking,on the weekend
of course.  It was a kidney infection.  He was so sick, we went for sub-q
fluids on Monday & again on Tuesday.  I had to force feed him every four
hours trying to bring him around or Thursday he was staying at the vet
for IV fluids.  He finally licked a little Ferretone at lunchtime Wed
and then some water & a little food.  He is dancing again already!

Third was my husband, Thursday a routine follow up to angioplasty done 2
years ago turned into an emergency triple bypass!  It went fine and he is
on the road to recovery.  He is a bit worried that I am going to "scruff
and stuff" him if he doesn't start eating!  It will be a while before he
will be dancing but he can watch the fuzzies dance from the safety of the
sofa.  They know something is not right and won't climb or jump on him.

Fuzzy Hugs,
Yvonne