From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:52:26 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Lately I've been getting a lot of requests to supply missing chapters to
folks, mainly folks who for some reason didn't get all the installments
of the last Ping Puma and France Tractor story I wrote.  Some folks say
they just read the FML sporadically, and missed installments that way,
could I please send, etc.  Some folks want a complete saved copy for
themselves, and are missing a chapter, please send, etc.  And a few folks
hope that I can also send the other Ping and France (Puma wasn't in that
first one, but France was, and I swear, the little bugger has her own
cult following, you sick puppies!) Tractor story that had Lily in it.

I've been trying to do that, and so far I think I have everybody covered.
But as I wrote a lady last night, no, I didn't have these stories saved
somewhere in a central location.  I was having to go back into my sent
mail file.  It was a *pain*, but I didn't mind too much, it is nice to
make someone happy.  That's what the stories are for.

So last night I bit the bullet, and dragged both stories, installment
by installment (all 12) out of my sent mail file, and made them into a
single Word file that I can send as an attachment.  The process really
*sucked*, and took about two hours.  I had to do some reformatting of
text, re-adjust the font size, yadda yadda yadda.  It was like writing
a term paper.  But I sent the 15 page file of Utter Tractor Madness to
a willing victim, and it opened just fine.

Want both of those stories for yourself, along with some additional
comments about them that never made it to the FML?  We-eelllll, I'll
make you a deal.  Drop me a line and let me know that YOUR name is in
the "Donations Recieved From" section of the FML 5000 page
http://www.geocities.com/imdella/fml5000.html
and I will send you the whole, fat file!  No minimum donation is
necessary, just get your name up there.  (The money goes to the
fundraiser, not me!)

Otherwise, of course I'll still help folks find that missing chunk here
and there.  But the full 15 page Utter Tractor Madness file is an extra
goody for donors who want it.

Hoping to see your name soon-
Alexandra in MA