From:
"Joel M. Cohen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:30:52 -0400
Enjoy

Mary Cohen

      -------------

This song requires a brief explanation.

I have a Swedish angora ferret named Bruno who is just under five pounds
and even though he has a sweet disposition the other eleven tend to steer
clear of him because of his size.  So this song is written from what I
think might be their point of view.

To the tune of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again"

When Bruno comes marching in the room, hurrumph, hurrumph!
When Bruno comes marching in the room, hurrumph, hurrumph!
Well he's black as jet and he's five pounds net,
And we haven't learned how to lick him yet,
So we all kowtow when Bruno comes marching in.

When Bruno decides to take a nap, hurrumph, hurrumph!
When Bruno decides to take a nap, hurrumph, hurrumph!
We all leave the sack and we don't come back
Because if we do he'll give us a whack,
So we all kowtow when Bruno decides to nap.

When Bruno decides he wants to eat, hurrumph, hurrumph!
When Bruno decides he wants to eat, hurrumph, hurrumph!
Well we all defer, every him and her,
Because if we don't, he'll pull out our fur,
So we all kowtow when Bruno decides to eat.

When Bruno decides he wants to play, hurrumph, hurrumph!
When Bruno decides he wants to play, hurrumph, hurrumph!
We lay on the floor and we start to snore
Because if we don't he can make us sore,
So we all kowtow when Bruno decides to play.

When Bruno decides he wants our toys, hurrumph, hurrumph!
When Bruno decides he wants our toys, hurrumph, hurrumph!
We all bring them out and we dare not pout
Because if we don't he'll give us a clout,
So we all kowtow when Bruno wants all our toys.

(Sung over in the corner by the other ferrets so they won't really hurt
 his feelings)
We hope he'll go back to Sweden soon, Hurrumph, hurrumph!
We hope he'll go back to Sweden soon, hurrumph, hurrumph!
Mommy thinks he's great, that he's just first rate
But we don't agree and we'd like to state
That we all do wish he'd go back to Sweden soon.