From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:01:55 -0400
I was just wondering, is there any particular reason we had to endure
Death Adder's uneducated, tunnel-vision rant about pot use and
legalization on a ferret dialogue list?

Besides being almost entirely non-factual, the post was offensive in its
ignorance.  My best friend, whose sister was killed in a car accident by
a driver who was so toked-up he could barely see straight, and in his
euphoric pot-saturated haze slammed head-on into her car without even
tapping the brakes, would be very interested in Death Adder's blanket
statement, "Pot smokers when stoned don't travel".  Believe me, she
dearly wishes that were true.

Can we stick to topics that have something to do with ferrets?  I realize
he did throw one sentance about ferrets into that post, but almost as an
afterthought.  The bulk of it did not belong on this list and was
potentially very hurtful to anyone who has experienced that pot smokers
can, and do, harm other people when they get stoned and attempt to do
everyday activities in a drug-induced haze.

And just so my post doesn't also seem completely off-topic, here's my
opinion - pot smoke will kill ferret brain cells and irritate the lining
of a ferret's lungs just like it does to the humans who don't know enough
not to use it.

- Heather W.

[Moderator's note: Yes, it was mostly off-topic (another was rejected
actually, so I'm not *entirely* clueless, just partly ;-)), though I do
think the topic of using drugs around ferrets and/or giving drugs --
recreational or otherwise -- to ferrets is worthy of discussion, even
if we get to it in a roundabout way.  The results may not be what some
expect and the FML is here to educate, after all.  BIG]