From:
Otter-Candy Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:47:35 EST
Concerning Jerill, the otter-weasel...the reason I ended up with ferrets in
the first place so long ago was becuase I'm an otter person and they looked
like land-otters!  I've had a few that act like that - schmuzzling around in
the water and generally making a mess.  But some *don't* like the water at
all... I think it's an individual thing.  But I do tend to think of them as
little otters sometimes, so you're not far off.

Sara - water from YOUR glass DOES taste better!  LOL Also anything else you
have that the ferret doesn't.  Mine have always been known for turning over
glasses and bowls to see what's inside.  We have to make sure not to ever
leave anything out that still has liquid in it, or it's all over the place.
My friend just left his soda on the table for about 2 min.  while he picked
up a book...Lynx drank the rest of his Sprite.  Well, lapped it up from the
table anyway... I thought it was one of their more common traits!

Karen - when I leave town I have someone come every day and play with my
fuzzies and feed/water them and all... they have two 2-level cages put
together to play in, and when they are put there, they mostly just curl up
in one of the several hammocks and go to sleep.  They don't seem to mind
being there as long as they can come out occasionally.  Normally I let them
have full run of the place.  But when someone else is taking care of them
who doesn't know where all their hidey-holes are, I cage them.  They really
don't seem to mind after the first few minutes of "aaackk!  I'm in jail!".

Otter
Lynx,Silk,Drifter & Muggsie (meow)
Mitakuye Oyasin