Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:13:04 EST
hello everyone,
i don't post very often, but this is too good to pass up.

there is a massive wood stove pellet sale in albuquerque at martin's saw
and tool on vasser.  (off candeleria and carlisle)  i guess some sand got
mixed in with the bags and now they can't sell them at normal price, so
they are selling them for 2.00 a bag.  they have about 200-300 left!

a funny sort of story:
i have a very high maintenance ferret (understatement) named sebastian who
is prone to stress attacks.  i can't move any furniture, introduce a new
ferret, or even look at him funny without him swelling and turning blue.
so he has been on benedryl on and off for 2 years, everytime he has an
attack.  well it was getting to the point where i was medicating him twice
a day and his quality of life was rapidly dwindling.  so a month and a half
ago, i was at my wit's end.  i started giving him pretend medicine twice
a day out of the syringe.  (a mix of ferretone and water) i act like it's
real medicine and he gets a treat if he eats it all.  now it's hard to get
him to take it, he shakes and fights me (because he knows it's medicine).
but somehow we get it down.  anyway, he hasn't had a single attack in this
entire time!  so if anyone else has a neurotic ferret out there, you may
want to try this method!

i also want to thank sandy repper.  she took in 2 of our shelter ferrets
about 2 months ago and has nursed both of them back to health.  we couldn't
ask for a better foster mom.  they are both doing well, and we owe it all
to her.  she is the kindest woman, and truly loves ferrets.

thanks for letting me ramble,
jodi, ryan and the 10 fuzzbutts
pasha, caira, miko, vandal, simba, sebastian, rikkitikkitavi, weasey,
tetzua and baby pooka.

jodi chapman
ferrets 'r' fun shelter and rescue
albuquerque, nm