Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:18:01 -0000
Hi all, dis is SaraFerret

Today sumtin amazin happen.  A group of furless, thin and what seemed
to look similar to ferrets was standing at the beginning entrance to de
bridge.  Now usually most of us just trot on over the rainbow bridge, but
des were jes standing there, looking confused.  Now Is not sposed to meet
de furries crossing de bridge, SandeeFerret is.  But Sandee was busy
somewhere trying to get someone settled in.  What to do, what to do.  If
Is does de wrong ting, I will for sure be in detention.  So what would de
Boss wants me to do.

So I jes did what had to be done.  I trots back over to de begining
entrance and asks dem why dey didnt come on over.  Dey said dey werent
sure dey were sposed to be here, as no one else had ever told dem where
to go or what to do.  Dey told me da saddest story.  Seems when dey
were born dey werent treated nice as dey werent nice, petstore looking
ferrets.  I sure could see dat--I thought I had looked ratty when I
crossed de bridge, but des were sumting else.  Looked like big rats sort
of--but even rats have fur.  Dese were so thin and bones stuck out all
over de place and dere heads werent shaped nice.  I really sniffled.  I
understood that no one wanted dem as dey werent even good enuff for de
labs that do medical work.  So des were tossed out.  Left on dere own,
not even shelters--dey didnt even know what a shelter was--was dat
sumplace where dey could sit under a box and away from de rain.  (I
tought to myself --wow- what if my earth Mommy hadnt rescued me, cuz I
have this pinhead and not petstore cuteness.  Dey tries to make it on
dere own, but no food except if dey sneaked up and grabbed some kitty's
food, but de other animals chased dem.  No one wanted des deformed ugly,
yuckky, smelly furries.  But on ting was true, dey all stuck together-
what one got dey all shared.  And finally dey passed on.  Dey had no
names, no love, no toys, no cages, and no hammies even no food.  I was
really crying by ten and if Sandee will tell you dis ferret dont cry
easy.  So dey werent sure what to do when dey got to de bridge.  So I
walks each of dem over de bridge, five trips back and forth till all
five were dere.  And when dey got dere, something happened--(can I say
miracle) I looked around and dey had de most beautiful fur coats all
colors and dey were just beautiful, no stuck out bones, no funny heads,
jes beautiful.  De Boss came to see dem and dey asked him what to do
about names and De Boss said he has a book dat had de name of each ferret
ever born and he gave dem dere new names.  Now dey wanted to know where
to stay as dey wanted to stay together, all de groups were clamoring to
have them in dere families.  I said dey were welcome to stay with my
family as we had all been furless when wes crossed and so dey agreed.
SandeeFerret came to see dem and she was amazed when I tells her my
story.  I apologizes to her for doing her job.  And she tells me dat if I
am dere when it happens its my job to do it.  She sure is an nice ferret.
And another ting when de ferret choir started practice dey had voices as
pretty as de "angels".  I told Mommy dis story when she was in bed and
sleeping and I woke her whispering in her ear.  Beauty is in de eye of
de beholder she tells me.

Dis is jes one of de tings dat happened recently on de bridge.  But Is
jes has to share it wit all of you as I hear dat dere is a lots of nasty
on de board here.  Hey I tought you guys were dere for us.

HUGS AND DOOKS TO ALL
SaraFerret