From:
Caitlyn Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:40:15 -0500
Wow - I read that story and thought "that sounds familiar."  We adopted
our newest baby, Tuck (or Tuckie, as he's more commonly known), on
Veteran's Day, shortly after losing our first boy, Quincy (thanks again
to all who sent cards, thoughts and prayers).  Quincy's favorite toys
were squeaky toys - if it was furry and made a piercing squeak, he LOVED
it - those toys were HIS, and he was the only one who really liked them.
It took a while for us to be able to let go of Quincy's squeakies - but
lo and behold, one night we found someone trying to drag away his purple
dinosaur.

My husband immediately knelt down and squeaked the toy.  BIG mistake.
:-) Tuckie went for his hand - not the squeaky, his hand.  Or his shirt,
or his wrist or any part of him he could latch onto, and began to pull
him.  Never having seen this behavior before, we can only attribute it to
the fact that he was found on the street and maybe has a bad association
with loud piercing noises?

Another question: Quincy had a very distinctive odor about him - we used
to call him Scratch n Sniff Grape since that's what he smelled like (I
swear)! :-)  The day I brought Tuckie home, I thought I caught a whiff
of grape around his fur, but my husband called me crazy and didn't smell
anything.  The scent of grape would come and go, until one night I
scruffed Tuckie and my husband :-) and showed him where to smell.  He
agreed - as grape as the day is long.  Visitation from my Quincy, or
something else?  Opinions?

Thanks,
Caitie