From:
Stephen Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 21:18:45 -0500
Dear Group-

As many of you may or may not know I am the person who inquired as to
whether or not a ferret could be a vegtarian as well as the person who
inquired as to the unfortunate possibility that I may have had to give my
ferret up.  Well neither is now the case and I am looking for ANOTHER
ferret.  I bought my first from a pet store here in Boston, Massachusettes.
I have been very pleased with her so far.  She was kind of old, at least as
I understand it now, when I got her she was almost a year old.  It took some
time to train her not to bite.  She is now very friendly, at least to me,
and I am training her to be friends with everyone else.  Now I want another
ferret.  My major concerns are these:

1. How will a new ferret be best introduced to a ferret that I have already
   had for around 6 months.
2. What qualities should I look for in an additional ferret that vary from
   the ones that I would look for if I was just buying my first one.
3. Is opposite or same sex better, indifferent, or who knows.
4. Is age difference a BIG factor, or is it more of a ferret personality
   thing.
5. Are their any breeders in Massachusettes or reputable pet stores.
6. Should I take the ferret I already own with me to buy the new one and
   see how they react to each other.

Thanks for any responses.  If you have any further advice on purchasing my
second ferret it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Muchly-

Stephen Johnston                        Man? What is Man? but
Editor/Page Layout Designer             A collection of chemicals
GAINSAY E-Zine                  With Delusions of Grandeur
http://www.gainsay.com                          -Ayn Rand