From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:02:42 -0700
Hey there,

I am Chris Mathis's newly "SELF" appointed marketing manager for her
Oregon City,Shelter...;)

Having just visited this past week i noticed a nice adoption rate for
the sweet kids ... but a few SPECIAL ferrets STILL waiting for "Forever"
homes.  a few formally abused.."Biters"..

My favorite?  A sweet dark sable..appropriately named "Elvira" a 2 yr old
of unknown breeding stock...her story still haunts me...especially when i
look into those questioning eyes of hers...

"Will you hurt me,too?"

She was thrown from a car..last Halloween..on the Interstate,i believe.
For close to a year she has lived at the Shelter..mostly in a cage..
I want her..she does not want my other kids..she "fear poops" when in
contact with another ferret.She bites,hard..if not held close.Heights
scare her..i shudder to think of her Horrors..She is ALWAYS passed by..
Won't someone Please open their Hearts??  Someone who may be "ferret/less"
right now..someone who "understands" abuse??  Her adoption fee WILL be
waived..Chris just wants her happy..Of coarse there will be lots of
questions to make sure you will be worthy of her...you may want to make
a donation,tho..This lil gal will steal your heart..(and yes,maybe your
finger;)

There are also Alice & Weezer... A BEAUTIFUL biting pair...light sable.

They were in a Wonderful Foster Home,now their Foster Mom is very ill so
they were once again,returned.They are VERY close to being "over it"  She
worked with them closely.They seem to like other ferrets and are very
willing to learn,given some security in their little lives.They are 2 yrs
old and also of unknown breeding history.Adoption fee for BOTH will be
waived.They MUST stay together.Please,open your Heart?

The last of our biters are Pooh Bear and Abby..bred & raised by an
irresponsible young man & then just left in his garage.They have had NO
socialization....None.They are just a year old so i'm sure they are also
VERY trainable..They must also stay together & desperately need someone
who is home alot..a retiree??  They need Love & human contact..  someone
who is gentle and kind.  Again..adoption fee waived..

All the above ferrets have been ADV tested and are current on shots...
The Oregon City Shelter also has many beautiful sweet ferrets...all
looking for that forever place to hang their hammies..;)

Oregon City,Shelter..Chris Mathis
Phone: 1-888-613-6342
1-503-557-8369

Please consider those listed above,first.. (especially Elvira??)  That
lil sweet soul with BIG teeth will take your Heart,twist it and you will
ever forget her..she MUST go to a no other animal home tho...at least
until you can prove to her that you Love her..and you show her that she
will never fear anything again...i KNOW she has kisses where protective
teeth now exist... Bless you....

Lots of Love,
Tara & her crew of 7... but also NEW Grandma to 2 baby kits... so,soon to
be 8;)

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets