Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:43:22 -0400
Hi Gordon,

Hill's is a strict manufacturer who distributes their products through
veterinarians, retail locations, etc. If you've ever visited a vet's
office, you'll find that Science Diet is generally the food that VET'S
use, and sell. They've used Science Diet for over 20 years. Hill's also
makes prescription diet foods (canned as well as dry) for an incredible
amount of health issues- kidney disease, weight issues, etc, etc, not
to mention any vet's favorite, Science Diet A.D., which most All
shelters (dog, cat, ferret, rehabbers, etc.) cherish and use.

Scam... not at all. A well-respected, well-established manufacturer.
Ask any vet. Hell, if you think they're hard to reach, try Marshall
Farms. Once again, MF is NOT a retail business. They sell through
distributors and retailers. I have met rep's from MF at wholesale pet
industry trade shows, as well as have corresponded with them regarding
local pet store abuse and distributor abuse as well as health issues.
They acted positively on all accounts. I followed up on all the
issues...and was impressed that they took the time, effort and
consideration to correct the problems I contacted them with. Are
they perfect ?? No.

I can understand your wish to try the Science Diet kibble- but it's
not a new product. They already have a huge market which sells their
foods. And if your local PetsMart is willing, might I suggest buying
a small bag, and if your ferrets don't like it, return the bag, or ask
for a store credit.

Just my 2 cents,

Marlene B.
Director