From:
FerretHill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:07:20 -0600
Hello fellow pooper-scoopers,

Okay I haven't posted for a while, I just moved and things are still a mess
around here... but glad that the move is over!

When I heard of the Diplomats from Goodhart's Little Buddies, I didn't
need them at the apartment I was living at.  Now, I just moved into this
apartment with nice new carpet...tan!  (I got a Little Green Machine just
to get those stains).

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, the Diplomat is a product
that is designed to protect the carpet from carpet diggers at the door.  It
wraps around the door frame.

Now Goodhart's is no longer in business... could someone please point the
way to another dealer who I can purchase a diplomat or if someone has one
that he/she no longer needs, please contact me privately.

I know I can try a carpet runner and cut out the door slots or something
similar, but I am interested in locating a dealer for this product.

P.S. Just a reminder here... for those newbies on the list, do not get
a reclinder or if you currently have one, GET RID of it!  Or make it
inoperatable so the ferret can not get caught in the springs underside.
They are nearly impossible to ferret-proof (unless someone has figured out
a safe and reliable way to do so, please let us know).  I got rid of mine
very fast because I shudder to think what would happen if I decided to pull
back and watch t.v.  (have you ever seen the springs and levers?  Take a
look, and think how easily a leg or head of a ferret would be crushed when
caught?)

P.S.S. For those who have ferrets getting into the bedsprings or couches,
use the 1/8 inch thin pegboard (those with the holes in them) and screw it
on the underside.  I measured the frame underside and had the board cut in
two pieces (each for a half of the bed) at the store.  Works like a charm
and you have the assurance that they can not get in (sheets can be ripped
open).

--
Ferrethill and the Fab Five

Soda-Pop (lover boy)
Mocha (perfect princess)
Cheswick (chubby irresistible-to-tickle boy)
Foodstamp (clinging boy with sharp teeth)
Choco-Sin (new baby, to be registered as DAF Chocolate Sin of
Ferrethill)

* "Real men play with their weasels!"      *
*  http://home.earthlink.net/~ferrethill/  *
*  IQC number: 35125920                    *