Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:55:27 -0400
I guess Schnapps could not bear loosing his two brothers, Ben & Jerry,
earlier this month.  He went quietly last evening in his sleep.

Sorry Jerimiah, but you are going to have to step up to the plate.  I
guess Schnappas will no longer be able to tease you about Ferretwise -he
is a new type of star... I know you will do him proud.

I have lost three little angels this month, my three boys have left me
to join their other brothers' & sisters' over the bridge.  They brought
so much joy into my life.

Schnappas was my oldest, he died at 7yrs old.  He was a sweet kind and
gentle soul.  I remember the day we brought him home, so tiny and skinny,
just wanted to be held and loved.  I would often find him curled up
underneath the comforter on my bed.  So peacefully he laid.  It brought
me many laughs to see him war dance.  His dancing slowed down this past
year, having insol.& adreanal does that.  Though he put up a good fight
right to the end.  God was good enough to grace me by taking him in his
sleep.

Then there was Ben & Jerry they where cage mates that we had adopted.
The family that owned them previously kept them in a parrot's cage and
did not let them out.  We adopted 2 ferrets weighing almost 5lbs each.
They came home and filled the house with happiness.  They danced,
wrestled and chattered.  It was some of the most beautiful music I have
ever heard.

Ben loved to wrestle, he would take on anything ferret or toy.  Ben died
about 3 1/2 wks ago he had been suffering from adrenal & Insol. for a
long time.  He had seized just one to many times.  So many times I would
bring him to the vets and they would tell me this is it and I would tell
them they where wrong, Ben is a fighter.  Ben fought a good battle, but
the last time his BG dropped it was just too much for him.  His BG kept
dropping more frequently and I did not think it fair to let him suffer.
Wrapped in his favorite snuggle snack I rushed him to the vets, seizing
the whole way there, and helped him cross over.

Then there was Jerry.  Jerry was my dancer-he loved to just hop around
and dance, he would be all alone and he would start hopping.  Jerry was
an expensive ferret, the first month we had him he cost something like
$1000.  He had never seen carpet before so he ate it and got a
blockage-in for surgery he goes, but while in there not only was carpet
taken out but also an adrenal.  Very shortly after that he developed an
infection, real bad diarrhea- the antibiotics cost an arm and a leg.  And
then about a week after that he stopped urinating.  Fortunately as soon
as they put him under he peed.  Jerry was extra special.  He was a Panda,
he was also deaf.  Oh what a love he was.  Always wanting to play.  He
was filled with so much life!  Then he got coccidia that would not go
away and eventually he developed ulcers.  My gentle giant was in so much
pain.  He had now wasted away to less then a pound.  He was constantly
grinding his teeth, refusing to eat, diarrhea, lethargic plus much more.
About 2 weeks ago I think not only the physical pain, but the emotional
pain of loosing his brother was too much to bear.  We made the decision
to help him cross.  Though I think he would not have made it through the
night if we didn't help him.

To my gentle soul, your paw print is forever imbedded in my heart.
To my wrestler, the only fight you have now is in a body free of pain.
To my dancer, everytime a ball bounces or a leaf blows in the wind I
will remember your beautiful spring.

God, I have entrusted these miraceouls ouls souls to you.  Take good care
of them as they took such good care of me...