From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 09:21:51 -0400
>I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if I just have
>two males with a bit of a crudity problem...My ferrets tend to "burn
>rubber" when they get done pooping in the litter pan.  I don't mind them
<snip>
>not "backed up".  I am ready to install miniature toilet paper rolls next
>to their litter pans....

Install those mini toilet paper rolls because this is normal ferret
behavior!  Drag racing (just one of the many euphemisms for it) is normal
and pretty much every ferret partakes of it.  I'd advise putting down mats
or small rugs or other such things around your litter boxes to protect your
carpets or floors.

I'm sure there has been plenty of other suggestions on what to do in the
past.  Check the archives for more.

-kim, squirt (yawn.), pippi (meep!), atlas (huh?), jinx (lick-lick), and
 rosie (zoom!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.