From:
Todd Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:14:31 -0500
My two girls have been living in one their whole lives and I have never
experienced a problem.  I have hammocks strung across multiple levels so
that even if they fall they should land in a hammock.  They have never
been tangled up in the wires or the stairs, though Beeper prefers to jump
from hammy to hammy rather than use the stairs.  They both like to climb
the walls and shimmy on to the shelving ... It concerned me at first but
they seem to be consistent with not getting hurt.

I find it a remarkable cage, with the exception of the oft-berated
channels.  It has held up fine for years with no problems other than the
cage clips rusting out ... But the cage is so heavy I just do without.

So picture this ... A hammy level with the top platform.  A sleep sack
level with the next platform is directly under the fall space from
ladder.  Then a large hammy level with the top of the bottom door.  I
figure all of this air space is wasted space so I give them plenty of
options to play, sleep, control their temperature and of course, a
place to get away if they are having a tiff.

If you want a pic e-mail [log in to unmask]

Todd

And Mattie and Beeper