From:
Ken meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:40:54 -0700
Angel and I helped Quasimodo to the bridge Saturday at noon, a BLACK Day
in our hearts.  Today is the first time I could write about it without
the certainty of causing a short in the keyboard.  It is still a distinct
possibility...

I am going to try to put some of my emotions down here, sorry in advance
if it misses the mark....or if it makes you weepy.

Dear Quazi,

YOU were there 7 too short years ago, in that pet store in West Virginia,
giving me the eye.

YOU were there every time I went in throughout the spring and summer, and
I loved to hold you, and wish I could buy you.

YOU were somewhere else when I came in to finally buy you that fall, after
several months of wishing.

YOU had been bought by someone else.

YOU were back in that store when I made a surprise visit on cold February.
Someone couldn't handle you, and I bought you and took you home.

YOU were there every day.  Knocking the phone book off the bottom shelf
because "It just doesn't belong there"

YOU forgave me when I left your collar on too long and it bonded to your
skin.

YOU put up with the Peroxide baths to your poor injured skin.

YOU were there when I was laid off, losing everything but YOU.

YOU were there when I lived in that dank basement, making me laugh, and
licking my nose all the time.  You didn't care where we lived, as long
as we were together.

YOU came with me to Delaware, and lived in the closet because ferrets were
not allowed.  You were never told on because all the maintenance guys loved
you.

YOU Moved with me to Maryland, and had the run of the bedroom while I
renovated the house.

YOU would give me dirty looks and carry the treats I dropped in your Hammy
to the food bowl, telling the stupid human that food DOES NOT belong in the
bed, but in the food bowl.

YOU snorkeled in the snow, raced thru your tubes, danced a thousand dances,
and brought joy to my life.

YOU welcomed your little brother Geronimo when Angel brought him home.

YOU kept Angel up all night during a blizzard when I was on the road and
your insulinoma started, scaring Angel to death.

YOU were the little trooper that took those nasty Meds 2x every day.

YOU slowly got worse as the Meds lost effectiveness and as the dosages got
bigger, the attacks came more frequently.

YOU welcomed Houdini into the business, and taught him the ropes, even
though you were ill.

YOU slowly grew weaker and sicker every day, breaking our hearts as you
would lay there, looking dead, as we prayed for the honey to bring you
back.

YOU learned to use your tongue to block the meds, and then you would sling
them back at us.

YOU gave fewer and fewer kisses, and slept more and more, and we never
knew when we would find you sleeping, or seizing.

YOU started urinating on us when we tried to give you your meds, YOU had
had enough.

YOU lost that belligerent look, and that sparkle in your eye, and broke
our hearts every day.

YOU fell over when set on the ground, clawing yourself in a circle, too
weak to walk.

YOU kissed me that last morning, after we made the euthanasia appointment,
and were packing up.

YOU snuggled on my lap and were content on that OHHH SO SHORT last drive
to the vets.

YOU took the sedative like a trooper and slowly fell asleep in my arms,
your last sleep.

YOU were alone with the vet as he plunged the needle in your heart, but
we were 6 feet away, dying inside, as you were six feet away, dying.

YOU looked so peaceful, laying in the little crib, free at last, at the
bridge running and playing.

You were so soft as we kissed you one last time, covered you up, and left.

YOU can't be dead, YOU can't be gone, YOU are my son, my little boy, my
Quaz monster.  We will love you forever, and our hearts are breaking
every moment of every day.  We want you back......

I hope I shared a little of our love for that Brat, our carpet Shark,
our furry son.  Kiss your fuzzies every day, and appreciate the gifts
they give you.  In too short of a time, the memories are the last gift
you will have........

Ken and Angel

=====
To succed in Life: