Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:56:00 +0200
To Linda Poland

It is right what Bruce Williams wright about UK.  Therer are lots of
ferrets, but impossible to get any animals into the country.  Six
month quarantine.
Sweden is also ferret friendly, though we have three months quarantine.
I think it is more or less the same thing in Norway, but they are a bit
less ferret friendly.
Germany has a couple of small ferret clubs, Berlin, Hannover and in the
K=F6ln-area.  There are some regulations for bringing the ferrets in, but
no qarantine from USA.  auto off The Netherlands have a fairly big ferret
club and is very ferret friendly.  They have no quarantine from USA.
Switzerland has a very small ferret club and a lot of regulations for
keeping a ferret as a pet, though its not impossible to get a licence.  I
think that Belgium also is ferret friendly, but the activities (clubs
ect) are not that important.  I don't know about import rules, but I
don't think there is quarantine needed.  In France there are also some
keeping ferrets as pets, but the frenchmen are all in it for dogs - just
look at the streets in Paris.  In Spain I know that they hunt with
ferrets, but I don't know anything about rules.  I almost forgot, Denmark
of course have ferrets, but unfortunately mostly for the fur.  There
shouldn't be any problem with quarantine, but I don't know for sure.  In
Poland I know they have made research on ferret nutrition, so I guess
they have some.  I can bet on that they only use them for fur.

If you need a contact in any of these places, I think I can supply you
with that.  I wonder though if Pam Grant doesn't have something in her
computor.

Greetings from a sunny and warm (20 deg C!) Stockholm.
Summer is here and we have had our first National Show of the year (I
only got one second place for Penelope, the English silver).

Johan (+Zeus, Maia and Penelope)