Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:57:38 -0800
And yet another example as to why you should NOT buy from a pet store:

FOUR of the six baby ferrets at the Everett petco are now dead.  The
employees did not even recognize that the first two were ill until a
ferret owner told them, and then insisted that they be taken to a vet.
According to the MF paperwork they were 6-8 weeks old when they were
shipped, but when they arrived at the emergency clinic they were only
about 5 weeks old, and they'd been at petco for one week already.  (MF
math?)

We have scheduled a meeting with the petco regional manager for Washington
state next week.  While it won't help the four dead ferrets, we have been
in negotiations for a month or more now to get them to stop the sale of
ferrets in this state, and they are quite receptive now after these latest
deaths.

It would be best if individuals did NOT try to contact corporate petco
on the behalf of Washington ferrets at this time.  If you wish to get
involved, please contact me directly as we have a yahoo list established
for the Washington state petco problems.

Others, who are trying to approach this on their own, might better serve
the process by joining [log in to unmask]

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
   dba House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org