Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:00:33 -0400
1. To those of you who live in old houses or apt.  buildings with very
   old windows and no screens:

I use those screens that you stick in just beyond where the window
closes.  The come in standard sizes.  There is a 1 1/2 in. gap between
the top of the screen and the bottom of the upper window.  Rocky keeps
looking up there and sometimes climbing up the screen.  One time I caught
him just as he was going over the top.  There is a fire escape on this
window, but I am afraid he'd fall right through the slats.  He never
showed any interest in this until this spring.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?  I am not much of a
"handyman."

2. To NYC readers:

I was very upset to see that article about exotic animals and how they
lump ferrets in with monkeys, venemous snakes, wild cats, alligators,
etc.  Also, they used a picture of a black-footed ferret instead of our
domestic ferrets.  I was thinking of writing them a letter, but I know
they wouldn't print it, so would it do anything?  Has anyone responded?
I am most afraid of my landlord finding out, as he will use any excuse to
throw people with rent stabilized apts. out and jack up the rent above
$2,000.  Everyone in my building has seen Rocky in the hallway.  When I
got him, the City Council had just voted to legalize ferrets, and I used
to take him out.  I soon learned he hated being outside, but he loves
the hallway.  I AM VERY AFRAID.

Please email me, I am so behind on reading the FML.

Thanks,
Shron & Rocky

P.S.--Thanks Bob C. for your reply about my food questions.