From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:13:28 EDT
Everyone was saying how ferrets love tubing so I had some leftover drainage
pipe that I brought in.  At first Cyrano only ran through the tube and
then he got bored of that...so I was thinking about how to make it more
interesting...I tried tossing some plastic Easter eggs down it which worked
somewhat.  But the thing that worked the best was to have him on one side
of the drainage tube, lift the tube slightly...toss the egg 3/4 of the way
down and making the most noise it can...which then attracted Cyrano.  He
would then go in his end of the tube after the egg and toss it about until
it came out his side for him and our cat, Olivia to chace across the floor.
:-) Olivia can't fit in the tube for the egg but it was a toss up as to who
had more fun when Cyrano took the egg out.  I guess toys and games are more
fun if you have multiple players to play them with you. :-)

When I first started tossing the eggs down I'd look down the section of
tubing to watch Cyrano getting the egg.  Which is kind of another game...
if you don't watch it and move fast enough it might be called "Get Mommy's
Nose." :-) LOL  I almost lost that game once but I don't know if he's got
it in him to bite hard like Merlin does.  I'm not going to test that theory
out though.  :-)

Faith